*Another victim in Fox News’ use of old interview footage for Sarah Palin’s forthcoming series has joined LL Cool J in accusing the network of misleading viewers.
In the wake of LL Cool J’s Twitter post alerting fans that a Fox interview he did in 2008 would be featured in Palin’s “Real American Stories” without his permission, a rep for country star Toby Keith stated today that he, too, appears in promos for Palin’s show through old footage from a separate interview.
Keith’s spokesman told HifFix: “We were never contacted by Fox. I have no idea what interview it’s taken from. They’re promoting this like it’s a brand new interview.”
As previously reported, Fox News said this morning that it cut footage of LL Cool J (aka James Todd Smith) from the special, which premieres Thursday. As it stands now, Keith’s old interview is still slated to run.
In an update to our earlier LL Cool J story, his reps have released the following statement: “Contrary to what was reported, LL Cool J was never scheduled to be a guest on ‘Real American Stories’ with Sarah Palin this week. The show had planned to use an interview from 2008 that was being repurposed without LL’s permission. This statement is not a reflection of any feelings LL has toward Fox News or Ms. Palin, whom he has never met, rather a clarification of what we have seen published in the media.”