*Janet Jackson is getting ready to get back on the road to being her international tour in February, starting with Singapore.
Although it’s been a year since her brother’s death, people are quite surprised she’s even performing.
“For the tour, Jackson will play each of her 35 number one hit singles in 35 different cities around the globe. Jackson says the tour will be ‘more intimate and more personal’ than anything she’s done before,” RTTNews reports.
No doubt about it. Janet is the hot ticket, so to speak. After tickets to her April 14 Los Angeles date at the Gibson Amphitheater went on sale at 10 a.m. Friday morning, they sold out in less than 10 minutes, according to a spokesman for Live Nation.
To try to keep up with the demand, Jackson and Live Nation have added an additional Gibson Amphitheatre performance for Friday, April 15.
Presales of tickets began January 14, 2011 at the official tour site.
USA Dates, cities and venues:
* Mar. 7, 2011 – Chicago, IL (Chicago Theatre)
* Mar. 8, 2011 – Chicago, IL (Chicago Theatre)
* Mar. 12, 2011 – Toronto, ON (Sony Centre for the Performing Arts)
* Mar. 16, 2011 – Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)
* Mar. 18, 2011 – New York, NY (Radio City Music Hall)
* Mar. 22, 2011 – Washington, DC (DAR Constitution Hall)
* Mar. 25, 2011 – Atlantic City, NJ (Borgata Hotel, Casino and Spa)
* Mar. 26, 2011 – Atlantic City, NJ (Borgata Hotel, Casino and Spa)
* Mar. 29, 2011 – Atlanta, GA (Fox Theatre)
* Mar. 31, 2011 – St. Louis, MO (Fabulous Fox Theatre)
* Apr. 2, 2011 – Grand Prairie, TX (Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie)
* Apr. 6, 2011 – Denver, CO (Wells Fargo Theatre)
* Apr. 8, 2011 – Phoenix, AZ (Comerica Theatre)
* Apr. 9, 2011 – Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl)
* Apr. 14 & 15, 2011 – Universal City, CA (Gibson Aphitheatre at Universal CityWalk)
* Apr. 19, 2011 – San Francisco, CA (Bill Graham Civic Auditorium)
* Apr. 22, 2011 – Las Vegas, NV (Colosseum at Caesars Palace)
* Apr. 23, 2011 – Las Vegas, NV (Colosseum at Caesars Palace)