ray albers (cop who threatened)

Threatening cop: Ray Albers

*A police officer in Ferguson, MO has been “suspended indefinitely” after he threatened peaceful protestors by pointing his gun at them.

A statement released by the St. Ann, MO Police Department, details circumstances surrounding the suspension of the officer, who Police Chief Aaron Jimenez confirmed was Lieutenant Ray Albers, the Huffington Post reports. (Scroll down to see statement.) In addition, the department acknowledged that Albers’ actions were “inappropriate, and not indicative of the officers who have worked daily, to keep the peace.”

The department’s statement comes days after Albers was captured in videos shot by protestors Tuesday night as he pointed a rifle at them.

“Gun raised, gun raised and pointed,” a protestor shouts out, alerting others as Albers approaches closer.

“My hands are up,” another protestor said.

“I will fucking kill you, get back!” Albers shouted as another protestor asked for the officer to identify himself. .

“What’s your name, sir?” the protestor asks.

“Go fuck yourself,” replied Albers.

To see Albers’ confrontation with the protestors, check out the video below:

Another video shows protestors, who can be heard shouting at Albers to lower his weapon. In an effort to deescalate the situation, at least one other cop can be seen in the video placing his hand on Albers’ weapon to lower it.

Footage of the two officers can be seen by clicking on the following video:

The following is the St. Ann Police Department’s statement in its entirety:

“On Tuesday, August 19, 2014, shortly before midnight, an incident occurred wherein a St. Ann Police Officer pointed a semi automatic assault rifle at a peaceful protestor after a verbal exchange. It was at this time a St. Louis County Police Sergeant walked over and immediately took action, forcing the officer to lower the weapon, and escorting him away from the area. The unified command strongly feel these actions are inappropriate, and not indicative of the officers who have worked daily, to keep the peace. The St. Ann Police Officer involved in the incident has been relieved of duty and suspended indefinitely. For any further regarding the status of the officer, or any following internal investigation, questions need to be directed to the St. Ann Police Department. “