Nationwide (BlackNews.com) — Tech giant Apple, maker of the iPod, iPad, and iPhone, has partnered with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund to create the Apple HBCU Scholars Program. The program will offer a one-year scholarship to 30 students selected as Apple Scholars. This award will be applied to the scholars’ final year of study.
More importantly, the inaugural class of scholars will receive an opportunity to develop key skills to enhance their resumes and help launch their careers through the hands-on experience gained at one of the top tech companies in the world.
These scholars will have the opportunity to:
* Be awarded up to $25,000 (scholarship) for their senior year of study
* Participate in a summer internship with Apple in Cupertino, California
* Participate in a year-round development program to prepare for post-graduation careers
* Be paired with an Apple employee mentor during their senior year
* Serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU campuses to build awareness for the Apple and TMCF Diversity Initiative
* Attend the TMCF Annual Leadership Institute in Washington, DC in November 2015
* Participate in the Apple HBCU Immersion experience in Cupertino, California during the spring of 2016
All applications must be submitted online by Friday, September 18, 2015.
For more details and/or to apply, visit: