*The Official Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame will host its fourth annual 2016 Induction Ceremony in the City of Dearborn, MI, Metro Detroit. On August 21, 2016 at Dearborn’s Ford Performing Arts Theater. The Red Carpet will start @ 5:00 p.m. and the induction ceremony will begin @ 6:30 p.m.
This event will showcase, highlight and honor the very best of rhythm & blues music history. Mary Wilson formerly of The Supremes will be the host for the induction ceremony. A special music tribute to Motown and from Motown Legends.
The evening will have performances by R&B Soul group The Dramatics feat. Willie Ford and 2016 inductees Eddie Holman, Eddie Floyd, Dionne Warwick and Rena Scott. A musical salute is set for also Prince and Jimi Hendrix. Tickets can be purchased @ Dearborn’s Ford Performing Arts Theater Box Office by calling (313) 943-2354.
Last year’s induction ceremony was sold out; fans from as far as Europe came to the Motor City for the event. We are looking for the same support this year. The goal is to build a state-of-the-art world class music hall of fame for the history of rhythm & blues artists.
This year’s inductees include:
- Smokey Robinson (Motown Legend)
- Prince (Music Legend)
- Fats Domino (Music Legend)
- Jimi Hendirx (Music Legend)
- Cathy Hughes (Founder of TVOne)
- Dionne Warwick (Music Legend)
- Bobby Brown (Music Legend)
- Rena Scott (Music Legend)
- Boosty Collins (Music Legend)
- Sam & Dave (Music Legend)
- Eddie Holman (Music Legend)
- Eddie Floyd (Music Legend)
- Bettye LaVette (Music Legend)
- The Vevelettes (Motown Legends)
- The Supremes (Motown Legends)
Cheryl Ruffin/Executive Director of the
Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame