Max, dog dies after chemicals spill

*At best we can hope that the death of this poor little poodle cocker spaniel mix will shut down Shaggy Dog Puppies & Supplies pet store in Michigan. Max, a healthy 7-year-old rescue, had been taken in for a routine visit as he had many times before.

Last Thursday, he was taken in to get his hair trimmed and nails cut. He never made it back home. When the groomers didn’t call his owners, Dennis and Maureen St. Clair back in a timely manner to pick him up, a red flag rose up and Dennis decided to go to the pet shop located at Van Dyke near 21 Mile.

“I saw the groomer, her name was Cindy, and she was coming out the back door with a dog wrapped in blankets and just soaking wet,” Dennis told Fox 2. “And I looked and said, ‘Oh God, I hope it isn’t my dog,’ and it was Max, foaming at the mouth.”

But it was.

According to the groomers, little Max had been barking too much and they set him in a utility closet where somehow, chemicals spilled.

Read more at EURThisNthat.