*Detroit, MI – The Official Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame will host its fourth annual 2016 Induction Ceremony in the Metro Detroit City of Dearborn, MI.
The event will be held on August 21, 2016 at Dearborn’s Ford Performing Arts Theater. The Red Carpet will start at 5:00 p.m. and the induction ceremony will begin at 6:30 p.m.
This event will showcase, highlight and honor the very best of Rhythm & Blues music history. Mary Wilson, formerly of The Supremes, will host the induction ceremony.
There will be a special music tribute to Motown by some Motown legends. The evening will include performances by R&B soul group The Dramatics featuring Willie Ford, along with 2016 inductees Eddie “Lonely Girl” Holman, Eddie “Knock On Wood” Floyd and Dionne Warwick. A musical salute is also set for Prince and Jimi Hendrix.
Tickets can be purchased at Dearborn’s Ford Performing Arts Theater box office by calling (313) 943-2354, or ordering online at http://www.dearbornfordcenter.com/ (Upcoming Events). Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame website: www.rbhalloffame.com
This year’s inductees include:
- Smokey Robinson (Motown Legend)
- Prince (Music Legend)
- Fats Domino (Music Legend)
- Jimi Hendirx (Music Legend)
- Cathy Hughes (Founder of TV One)
- Dionne Warwick (Music Legend)
- Bootsy Collins (Music Legend)
- Sam & Dave (Music Legend)
- Eddie Holman (Music Legend)
- Eddie Floyd (Music Legend)
- Bettye LaVette (Music Legend)
- The Velvelettes (Motown Legends)
- The Supremes (Motown Legends)